If you’ve ever worked in a windowless room, you know how demotivating and dreary it can be. So when it comes to setting up a home office, you’ll want to make sure you get the most out of natural light. But where should a window be in a home office? In this article, we’ll explore the best positions for your window and how it can help increase your productivity levels.
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Guide: Where Should A Window Be In A Home Office?
According to a study, light has the potential to improve the mood and quality of life of employees working in any organization. That is why it is very important to choose a place for the window inside the office where the light can come in along with the fresh air.
Choosing a window space in a home office space can be a bit difficult. It is very important that the window is in a position where direct light does not fall on the screen of your computer or laptop as it interferes with your work.
At the same time, special care should be taken with the height of the window to protect it from the sun. The window should be at least three or four feet above the ground.
Efforts should be made to keep the window in such a position that it faces north and south instead of east and west. A window facing east or west fails to block the harsh rays of the sun. Because of this you can’t see your computer screen and your work is affected.
Tips to Pick the Right Window Placement
· To determine the correct placement of a window, first determine the direction of light coming into your home. When designing a window, take special care that the light entering the room does not disturb your sleep. And that you don’t have to work in the dark in your home office. In addition, climate change should be taken into account when choosing a window space.
· Man is always inclined toward the light rather than darkness. Natural light calms the mind and body. So, make sure you have natural sunlight circulation in the room. Whenever you try to determine the location of a window, the first thing you know is where the light falls in your room and where it doesn’t.
· The right choice of window makes an area the center of the room. If the surroundings are very beautiful, it is a natural way to relax the mind in your free time. But even if this is not the case, the height, and light can be arranged by keeping the height of the windows high.
· Each room in a house has its own identity. If you can guess what the design of the room you are designing will actually look like. High windows on the wall of a large room can be used. Small can also be taken advantage of by keeping the window height low.
· There are no hard and fast rules for choosing a window size and shape. Window placement can be done with ventilation and light in mind. While you are free to configure. If you want to be interested in design, you can use two windows of different designs and sizes for a topical view.
· A well-researched working space design is a great way to enhance your ideas as well as your ventilation. It also helps you save energy. A sunlit room reduces the need for artificial lighting. You do not even have to turn on your air conditioning if the room has proper ventilation.
· According to interior designer Jean Stoffer, when installing a window somewhere, it is important to pay attention to the way the light comes in first. “I prefer south-facing windows,” he said.
· The material from which the windows are made also plays an important role in changing the atmosphere of the room. Some people prefer interior wooden windows.
Window In a Home Office
If you run your business from home or you have an office in a room of your house, the choice of space for the window in that room is very important. If your home office is a room where there is no air and gentle circulation, it can greatly affect your work.
The office desk space is first priority in the home office. The following points should be kept in mind when choosing an office desk space.
Home office design should start with your desk
If you work from home, the biggest advantage is that you can build your office in any room of your home. You can decorate your own office while this is not possible in a company office.
The first thing you need to do to decorate a home office is a desk. Home office blind desk space has a lot of ambiguity. Because a lot of your activities depend on your desk. If you fail to keep your desk in the right place then this is the biggest reason to affect your business and ability to stay focused.
Where should I place my desk in my office?
Desk placement is the most important feature of a home office. The importance of a new desk in a home office can be gauged from the fact that the ideal position for the selection of desk space setup can also affect your work and provide a positive mood.
Even in recent times, some folks use their bedrooms, dining space, and even the basement for office-like duties in the name of home offices. It has never been and it is not mandatory to have a home office in a section of your house.
The principles of Feng Shui principles say that you have an attractive and inspiring view, therefore facing a blank wall may make you feel like you’re constantly colliding with barriers. Some people, on the other hand, prefer to work against a wall or corner since there are no distractions, providing them with fast and effective thinking.
Although a great view is tempting, as I mentioned, most designers would say to place the desk in the center of the room so the desk faces the room entrance. If you choose to do one larger desk in the room, placing directly underneath the light fixture is always a great idea.
If you place the desk in a place where the angle of the desk and the window is not right, then the light entering the room affects your vision. If you are sitting with your back to the door in the office, it can cause stress for you.
The best place in the home office is where you can sit with your back against the wall and you will be able to see the door. But this place should not be directly at the entrance.
You should place your desk in a place close to a natural light source. If most of the light travels through the window, this is the best place for a desk. Curtains or blinds can be used if the sunlight coming from the window falls on the screen of your monitor.
Reasons why a home office desk should not face the window
Most of the pictures show the desk facing out the window. This is because it affects your work. We‘ll try to find out the reason for doing this through these points.
The light coming from outside is much higher than the computer screen which makes it very difficult to see the screen during the day. It causes eye fatigue and headaches. If your window is not at the right placement, it causes you trouble and you can’t concentrate on your work.
If you have your desk in a place where you sit with your back to the door, people coming into the room can be a way for you to be easily distracted from your work.
Reasons why an office desk should face the window
If you are a very busy person and focus on the work you do on a daily basis, looking out the window for a while can reduce your mental distractions and keep you productive.
If you get tired of the same scene at work, the solution is to keep your desk by the window. The outdoor environment will provide a great view and refresh your mind and you can focus on your work again.
The decision of where to place your desk in the home office is important. If you are looking for a good workspace, make sure that you have an angle on your laptop screen so it doesn’t cause eye fatigue or headaches when working at the desk. The best way to do this is by placing your back against the wall and sitting with your face towards an entrance door.
A window should be placed somewhere close enough to provide natural light without shining directly into one’s eyes while they are trying to work on their laptop or desktop monitor. If there’s no other option, don’t worry! You can always use blinds if needed (or curtains) which will help cut out some of the glare from outside lights entering through windows or doors.
Another thing to consider is the view of nature which can help boost your mood and make you more productive. The best way to get this benefit is to position yourself with your back against the wall, facing away from the door, while having a window on the opposite side of where you are sitting.
If you want to announce your office hours on your door so that other family members know not to enter, this isn’t always feasible if your workspace is multi-functional. In this instance, you’ll need to make a clear distinction in the space
Keep in mind, however, that you should not have your back against the door as this can cause major distractions. All in all, finding a good balance for your office furniture and desks will help to improve your mood and productivity, good luck!